Project 10 xv700 Bobber

It all started with a really uggly xv700 Virago. Because it was fully loaded with accessories I was willing to buy the bike.
img_2822-large

img_2823-large

img_2824-large

img_2825-large

Unfortunately the carbs where very bad. So it cost me a lot of money to fix that problem. About one third of the Price of purchase. But I really liked the bike so I decided to completely strip the bike.

IMG_3725

IMG_3726

IMG_3731

IMG_3729

IMG_3733

IMG_3734

IMG_3732

IMG_3766

IMG_3767

IMG_3768

One year ago i sold the bike to my brother. The bike was finished bu not the way I liked it. I had to finish it in a couple of weeks because the bike was needed in the BoBo Biker run of 2015.

A few weeks ago I had the chance to bring the “old lady” back home. So I did. And now I can finish all the things I was planning to do.

This is how I got it back. It was parked outside for almost one year.

These are the first changes did the last few days.

I hated the air regulator box so I took it of. It gives the bike a more cleaner look.

This is how I sealed the air holes.

Very cheap and simpel. But it will do for the moment.

Painted the airbox and the gastank.

And for the cleaner look I cut off a piece of the battery box.

The new risers have been arrived. It does’nt look bad at all.

img_6185-large

img_6186-large

img_6187-large \img_6188-large

Painting the bike will not be an option right now. Because temperature is around 8 degrees Celsius. So the next thing is to put on forward controls…..